Pediatric Dentistry, Setting Your Child Up for a Lifetime of Good Oral Habits
Congratulations on the arrival of your baby! But are you prepared to care for your son or daughter’s dental care? If you have no clue, you are in the right place. Our goal at Surrey Place Dental Group is to provide your young one with the highest dental care in a fun, family-like, and high-technology practice. We care for your children from 12-18 months through their teens and beyond.
Why dental care for kids matters
According to the Canadian Dental Association, you should take your baby to a dentist within six months after the first tooth erupts and no later than their first birthday. While the “baby teeth” will eventually fall out, it doesn’t mean that children’s dental care doesn’t matter. Like adults, children deserve the proper dental care to:
- Prevent gum disease: Poor oral health may lead to plaque accumulation, which attracts harmful bacteria that inflame gums and cause bleeding.
- Prevent tooth decay: Cavities are an ever-present menace for kids. While genetics and certain medical conditions may trigger cavities, poor oral hygiene doesn’t help the situation. When food particles are left on teeth, they attract harmful bacteria that produce acidic substances that erode the enamel.
- Avoid bad breath: Like adults, toddlers and children can have bad breath. Optimal dental care is effective in eliminating bad odour-causing bacteria.
Our child-friendly services
Looking for a dental practice with services tailored to meet your child’s oral care needs? Look no further than Surrey Place Dental Group. Our dentists and the team offer a rich menu of kid-friendly services, including:
- Dental exams to check the development of your child’s oral structures
- Dental cleaning to remove plaque and tartar in “tight spots” in the mouth
- Gentle dental extraction services for severely decayed or damaged teeth
- Tailor-made education on taking proper care of your child’s dental health at home
- Dental sealants to protect decay-prone teeth
While you can take your child to a general dentist, finding one skilled in handling children is preferred. Pediatric dentists are better placed to manage oral health issues common in infants, teenagers, and anyone in between.
Children’s dentistry you can trust
If you want to set your child up for a lifetime of good oral habits, please dial (604) 969-4212 to book an appointment with Surrey Place Dental Group in Surrey, BC.